Shoulder MRI Scan Cost : Get Discounts with best labs
Shoulder MRI scan can be expensive and we can help you get discounts from good providers. Should you need an updated price of Shoulder MRI Scan cost or need help in fixing an appointment please click here
Call us on +91-8286869616 or log onto www.chuzdr.com and we will help you get a Shoulder MRI Scan cost from a quality provider at a location of your convenience across India.
SHOULDER MRI SCAN
While an MRI scan can be performed on any body part, a shoulder MRI specifically helps your doctor to see the detailed images of structures within the shoulder joint, bones as well as soft tissues of your body, including muscles, ligaments, tendons, and even nerves and blood vessels fom any angle.
Indications for MRI Shoulder:
MRI of the shoulder has become an important imaging modality for that joint. Excellent soft tissue contrast and multiplanar acquisition provide optimal assessment of muscle, tendons, hyaline and fibrous cartilage, joint capsules, fat, bursae and bone marrow.
MRI of the shoulder may be indicated to further clarify and stage conditions diagnosed clinically and/or suggested by other imaging modalities including, but not limited to:
- Arthritis: inflammatory, infectious
- Primary and secondary bone and soft tissue tumours
- Fractures and dislocations
- Prolonged, refractory or unexplained shoulder pain
- Acute shoulder trauma
- Impingement syndrome: subacromial, subcoracoid, internal
- shoulder instability: chronic, recurrent, subacute, acute dislocation, and subluxation
- Shoulder symptoms in the overhead or throwing for athlete
- Mechanical shoulder symptoms: catching, locking, napping, crepitus
- Limited or painful range of motion
- Swelling, enlargement, mass or atrophy
- Patients for whom diagnostic or therapeutic arthroscopy is planned
- Patients with recurrent, residual or new symptoms following shoulder surgery
- Loose bodies, chondral, osteochondral, osseous
- Infections of bone, joint or soft tissue
- Congenital and developmental conditions: dysplasia, normal variants
- Vascular conditions: entrapment, aneurysm, stenosis, and occlusion
- Neurologic conditions: entrapment, compression, masses, and peripheral neuritis
During the Shoulder MRI Scan:
- Eat and drink normally if contrast is not required. But if contrast was ordered along with your MRI scan, you must NOT eat 4 hours before your scan time. This means that if you are having contrast MRI scan in the morning, you cannot have breakfast. If it is at 4:00 PM, your last meal before the scan should be at mid-day.
- Take your medications like you’ve always had.
- Avoid wearing jewelry, watches, wigs, hairpins, dentures, hearing aids, underwire bra-eyeglasses to the scanning room, as anything that has a metal component will either make the magnetic field so powerful that it could to cause harm to you, ruin the scanner or both.
- Put on easy-to-wear outfits as you will be ask to change into a hospital gown when you get to the facility.
- Arrive at the facility 30 minutes before the scheduled time to do paperwork,including filling out MRI screening form.
Before test you must tell staff the following:
- Any medication you are taking.
- The need to take medication for your claustrophobia, so the relevant preparation can be built. Let him/her know if somebody will accompany you to drive you back home.
- Tell the staff if you have kidney disease, as the use of contrast agent can make it worse.
- Have allergy to any medicine.
- Are or might be pregnant.
- Wear any medicine patches
- Have any metal implants in your body.
The Day of the MRI test:
- MRI scanning without contrast does not require you to fast before the procedure, so you can eat regularly. However, if you are said that the test will be perform with contrast, you have to fast 4 hours prior to the schedule time.
- Take your medications like any regular day, unless special instructions are given to you.
- You will wait in the waiting area for the Radiology Technologist to come and escort you.
- You will be ask to change into a hospital gown and remove any jewelry, including a watch, necklace, and earrings. Remove hairpins you might have in your hair.
- You will be led to the scanning area. If a contrast is require, it will be administer to you, either by mouth or you will have intravenous (IV) injection in your arm vein. The contrast will make your MRI images clearer and show better details.
During MRI test:
- The Radiology Technologist will ask you to lie flat on your back on the scanner bed.
- You will be slid into the tunnel-shaped scanner.
If you are nervous about enclose spaces (claustrophobia), you may be given a medication to help you feel sleepy and calm.
What should you convey prior to MRI scan to the doctor?
- If you are pregnant
- Medical history
Most MRI scans are painless, but some patients find it difficult to remain still inside the MRI machine. You may feel little warm in the area being scanned. You may hear loud tapping sounds while the images are being recorded. Nowadays, some centres also provide headphones/earplugs to reduce the sound and stay relaxed.
With advanced technology, some centres now have open MRI machines. These machines are useful for people who are obese or have claustrophobia,but these machines are not available with all the centres.
A typical shoulder MRI scan takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
Mostly the results are available in a day or two.
Normal Results means there are no problems in the shoulder and surrounding tissues.
Abnormal Results: The results could be showing any of the following condition:-
- Biceps tear
- Shoulder inflammation (frozen shoulder)
- Tumor (including cancer)
- Labral tear
- Cyst in the shoulder
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Broken or fractured shoulder bone
- Bursitis in the shoulder area
- Abnormal Osteonecrosis (vascular necrosis)
How to find Shoulder MRI scan centres near me?
Click on the links below to get the cost of MRI scan at various locations with price comparison option :
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Bangalore
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Delhi
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Hyderabad
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Kalyan
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Mumbai
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Nagpur
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in New Delhi
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Pune
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Thane
- Cost of Shoulder Joint (Both) MRI Scan in Vijayawada
Indicative prices for shoulder MRI scan in Mumbai:
This is an indicative list of prices for Shoulder MRI scan in Mumbai:
- Maxis HealthCare-Dadar – Rs.7000
- Pulse Hitech-Kurla (W) – Rs.7000
- Nidan-Bandra – Rs.9000
- Pulse Hitech-Borivali – Rs.7000
- Nivaran-Ghatkopar – Rs.8800
- Shree Open MRI Center – Ghatkopar – Rs.8800
- Kalyan Diagnostic Centre – Kalyan City – Rs.8190
- Jankharia – Lower Parel – Rs.10800
- LifeScan-Malad – Rs.7380
- NM-Malad – Rs.9000
- Pulse Hitech-Mira Road – Rs.7000
- Jupiter Imaging – Naupada – Rs.11700
- NM – Parel – Rs.9000
- Magnet MRI & Sonography – Sion – Rs.7200
- Nidan-Vasai (W) – Rs.9000